By visiting our Website and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in the US.
Services offered by Buildzit are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the products and features made available through the Website, including, but not limited, to the Website, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
Information Collected Upon Registration
If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Website, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to Buildzit. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for an account, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address, city, time zone, telephone number, and other information that you decide to provide us with.
Other Information We Collect
We may collect information that you choose to provide to Buildzit in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register with our Website;
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying or selling building materials (such as by using our "Click to Call Distributor" function);
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, contests or other promotions.
When you use Buildzit, we may collect Location Information when you visit or are in the vicinity of one of the distributors using Buildzit. We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access Buildzit).
Publicly Posted Information
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data" ). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, date and time you access the Buildzit Website and pages you visit, the search terms you use, your ISP or mobile carrier, the type of handheld or mobile device that you used, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Website, and for the Website’s technical administration.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, and providing customer support;
- to create listings and advertisements for any materials that are posted for sale on our Website. These lists and advertisements may appear on Buildzit and other websites;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to market to you, and provide you with information about, products and features, including but not limited to our Website;
- to enable you to interact with Buildzit and other users, distributors, manufacturers and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new features and services and analyzing the effectiveness of features, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Sellers, Distributors and Manufacturers
Information about you, including personal information and Data Technologies, may be shared with sellers, distributors and manufacturers, and their agents and third party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. For example, if you are interested in a particular listing of material for sale, information about you may be shared with the seller of that particular product or similar products in your area.
In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion that is co-sponsored by Buildzit and a third party, we may share information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including personal information, with that third party. After the information is provided to those third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to their privacy policies and practices. Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted on behalf of Buildzit and a third party will include branding from both Buildzit and the third party.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Buildzit cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Buildzit or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Buildzit; protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of Buildzit or members of the public; protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called "online behavioral" or "interest-based" advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place on Buildzit. This process allows Buildzit and any related third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by contacting Buildzit. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you. You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or access a particular feature or service.
- If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
- If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out by contacting Buildzit.
- You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser's setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons by changing the add-on's settings or opting out at the Website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose to not call any phone numbers listed on our Website.
- If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
Changing or Deleting Information
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within Buildzit, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us. If you are not a registered user of the Website, you may access and update or correct the information you provided to us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buildzit is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you choose to visit Buildzit, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Pennsylvania.
Changes to this Policy